Production for export is a pillar of any national community. Here is the story of a relatively “small” Jamaican farmer who has produced well.
How did he do it?
- He persevered natural disasters.
- Fought blockages by bureaucracy.
- Did his own research and innovation for better production.
- Formed a Farmers’ Association or advocacy group.
- He lobbied the government.
- He got financial help from Funding Agencies and expert advice for the farmers’ co-operative.
- He was environmentally aware- avoiding pesticide use.
- Above all, he was passionate.
Read the entire story of this “One man and his cocoa kingdom”.